Monday 4 June 2012

ride in the rain



 Although not expected, it's raining today, we still stepped out riding for about 100 km in Kanada area as Yang planed.

  I still rode my new old 20 dollars bike today which was bought 3 weeks ago in yard sell.  Actually after i have been fine tuning  it for couple of weeks, more and more I love it.  Having  hi-end bikes you guys might not understand why I prefer to this tank alike bike unless you also disassembled  it, took detailed consideration to replace all the necessary parts and rebuild it according to my body fits and usage. In my eyes it's the  bike which takes loads and abuse but still has refined riding quality.  Yesterday I fine trued the wheels at night and the bike ready to go.     

  


  I got up earlier today, so does Yang coincidently. he mistakenly started 2 hour before and i also went out 1 hour earlier after I had got his call and we met at Gatineau park P3 as warm up riding and then we went to the Chaimplan bridge to meet TaoYong. We formally started the ride after we had went back to Yong's place to get his helmet he forgot.:-).  it formally started rain at the moment.

  It's not my first time riding in the rain and it's absolutely not the last time riding in the rain. todays raining riding is so rewarding.

   Seems nothing really worried about in the rain --- the air was pretty fresh, traffic was not heavy ( thanks to yang's plan ), my wheels grip pretty well.    Most importantly, we successfully  formed an efficient pace line thanks to TaoYong's join. Taoyong, used to be a runner, showed his strength again today. on another tank alike bike, his each pedal stroke is powerful, along with Yang and myself effort, we would maintain about 32-33 km/ph speed easy. we have been riding about 30 km in this endless road together in line. 

 

  However, the tragic happened when taoyong had asked to stop due to too much water he drunk and we took a rest on the road side accordingly.  When we started again, we noticed my bike made the noise and we found my rear tire cracked, the tube exposed.  Taoyong suggested flat the tire a little bike but still, the tube explored soon. so after a short discuss, I called and waiting my privilege support car take me home whereas Yang and Taoyong continue to pursue their destination.

  I was waiting in the rain for about 40 minute, taking following pictures with cell phone in this boring place and was imaging I was being in a long journey to an exciting distance....

 

Back at 1:00 pm, and replaced my tires immediately.  

What the rewarding is that, the group riding is making us stronger, and the experience I/we have today, will exactly going to happen in the future's which I/we need to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment