Monday 17 September 2012

Carp-T.A. Dolan loop -Sept 16

It was a typical fall morning, clear and chilly 5 Celsius. Jack was on his summer cycling outfit, short sleeve jersey and fingerless gloves while  I had my icebreaker on. We rode along Carling to Terry Fox and 2nd line, barely saw any cyclist . With only two in a paceline,  it was hard to keep 30+ all the time. Near  Carp , an elderly on his way to Almonte for his 2nd breakfast caught us, he was a strong rider, we drafted him for a few kilometers before T.A.Dolan.


Jack on Thomas A Dolan
Today we decided not to go beyond 6th line to the river, one of our cycling friends had a broken dérailleur  there last week. We took a detour to Pinhey's Point, just sit on the bench and enjoy the scenery and the sun.

Piney's Point
 We flew down the newly paved 6th line at 40+, that felt good, you know.

7 comments:

  1. My bike and I both look good. :-)

    It was chilly for me at the beginning but I was fine once I warmed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do, I'm more impressed by your cold resistance.

      Delete
    2. Hehe. I'm buying arm warmers. :)

      Delete
    3. actually icebreaker(merino jersey) is pretty good idea. i have 3 piece merino jersey/short. warm and breathable.

      Delete
    4. What about shorts? I like the padded shorted but soon I'd need more.

      Delete
  2. nice ride and nice report and jack looks nice too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Road work on Donald B Munro Dr, we should take March to Carp, if you don't want walk your bike.

      Delete